As A Governor
As a charity and company limited by guarantee, the Trust is governed by a board of trustees (the Board) who have overall responsibility and ultimate decision making authority for all the work of the Trust, including the establishing and running of the academies maintained by the Trust (the Academies and each an Academy).
In order to support the effective operation of the Trust and the Academies, the Board has established a number of committees to which it has delegated certain of its powers and functions.
In summary, the Board has established two different types of committee:
- Main Board committees which are established to deal with Trust-wide matters such as Facilities and Estates (Board Committees); and
- Local governing committee (LGCs) and education advisory groups (EAGs) which are established by the Board to support the effective operation of the Academies
Directors and Governors generally spend approximately 6-8 hours per month on their role. Much of the day to day work of the Board of Directors is carried out by specially tasked committees. Board meetings are held in term time only and are usually held during the evening. LGC/EAG meetings are also held termly, during the school day.
The desired outcomes for each committee are to:
- Enable the governors to deliver their responsibilities in the most efficient, effective and innovative way possible
- Ensure there is a good level of information and knowledge sharing between governors
- Create a committed and inclusive team
- Allow us collectively to understand what each governor is doing to help facilitate the delivery of our vision.
If you are interested in joining us, please contact the school directly in the first instance to check for any vacancies and any desired skills.